Data Visualization: What is the best software for making infographs?
There is a bunch of good tools & softwares out there to create infographics and visualization. Here are those I like the most :
Desktop software :
- Gephi for network-related visualization. Allows to create nice complex graph from any node-edge data.
- The R Project If you need to really manipulate data, R is the language to use for statistics and has lots of useful libraries. I advice to use RStudio to work with a nice IDE though.
- Tableau Software a very neat dashboard to create interactive graphs. It has a free version available.
Web-based tools :
- Datawrapper a very straightforward tool to create customizable charts online
- Infogr.am a nice web interface for charts and infographics with ready-to-use templates and online hosting/publishing
- Visual.ly a great source of inspiration that recently adds some quick templates for social media reports
Developer toolkit : (those will require you to write code)
If you want to dig deeper, Datavisualization.chmaintained a list of tools to be used for data visualization.
This text was originally published in quora.